Monday, February 20, 2023

Addendum to - the Long, Long Trip.

 My Ultimate "Insurance" Policy

For those who don’t know, I have been a born again Christian for many years. That “event” was basically a dedication to living my life as God directs. He gave us the Bible as a guide book. I will admit to often being more taken with secular subjects than the Bible. Things written prior to 1960 seem so archaic! But with the guidance of many teachers, preachers, and of fellow Christians - I have attempted to follow the lifestyle that Jesus laid out for us 2000 years ago.


During trials such as the “Long, Long Trip”, I made reference to saying a prayer or other oblique mentions of my faith. This was done to not offend non-believers who might have found my story entertaining. But it is not the whole truth. I depend 100% on the Lord to guide my steps. Things aren’t always rosy. The famous psalm mentions walking “through the valley of death.” That is not a walk in the park! But God promises to be with me.


I tell my story for others to see how I handled life handing me multiple unpleasant, potentially dangerous, situations. If we do not share our stories, then what good are the lessons we learn? We try to insulate ourselves from catastrophe. We buy insurance policies, we do maintenance, we seek advice from counselors. But one day I found myself alone on a cold and lonely road. Yet I kept smiling. I had no doubt, no doubt, that I was in the loving hands of my Creator. I hope you have this assurance also.

No comments: