Friday, April 03, 2020

Coronavirus

What is life like on the Double Barrel Ranch during the time of Coronavirus?

Actually, not much different. For those who don’t know, I am a full-time caretaker for my husband who suffers from multiple health problems. It is the honor of my life to be here for him although he cannot express his appreciation for the care I provide. I believe it is not necessary for reward to come for doing what humans have done for eons, to care for each other. It is what separates us from lesser creatures.

I am being careful, when I return from my weekly shopping forays, to not bring germs home. For myself, I am not extremely concerned about contracting the “invisible enemy”. I continued winter swimming all winter. I believe this greatly strengthened my immune system. I eat an extremely low carb diet which has normalized my blood sugar and practically eliminated inflammation in my body. I haven’t been this metabolically strong in 20 years. So if a killer virus is going to hit, this is the best time for me. But there is a lot we don't know about COVID-19 so I'm not taking any chances.

Spring is progressing here in my mid-desert location. Desert Marigold is currently in flower. (Picture of this plant hanging over my driveway horseshoes "tattoo".) Non-native gardens are enjoying the display of bearded irises. 



Let’s all be forgiving of those who are scared and those who are clueless. Let’s do our best to be here after the virus is defeated. The best in life is yet to come. 

No comments: