Monday, December 26, 2005

Colors

I had a green-yellow day. My artistic talents are not in the paint medium, but I believe most people have a sense of the property of color in one or more ways. A green-yellow day is fair, relaxed, painless. The air was fresh. I believed I could win a million dollars and not be richer than a green-yellow day. There are days better than this. But many more are worse.

Possibly what colored the day is that it was a holiday. Government was closed down. Banks were closed. No heavy vibrations in the air. But now that I think of it, I think my grandfather died on this day when I was an infant. Not so good. But one of my relatives turns 28 today. That is good. He is a cancer survivor. I imagine it was a black day when he was told he had the big "C". The worst thing I've ever been told is that I am crazy, but people have been telling me that since I was 10 so that doesn't faze me.

The famous September 11th was a gray day. All I can think about is smoke. Gray choking smoke. More Americans died from the terror that day than died in the attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941. How soon we forget.

The South Pacific is a wet blue of many hues. When I was in Tahiti I was in a constant sweat. But the ocean was magical.

The Internet is brown. A combination of the colors of all the people who contribute to it. Think of a barrel of food all thrown together in a mish-mash, what color is it? Brown. The end result of digestion? Brown. Cyberspace is certainly brown.

What color is the future? White. Like a page of paper unwritten upon. A cold frozen landscape waiting for the breath of life to warm it. Take me future. I go as a willing sacrifice.

No comments: