Thursday, December 22, 2005

Heaven

During my cross-continent trip I drove 5,978 miles. I love to drive. Yesterday I had to drive to the city (130 miles away) and since my back was "out" I had to have the help of a relative who drove most of the way for me. Thanks. Then this morning I wake up and my back is fine! Maybe I should get a job as a truck driver if sitting in a vehicle is so good for me.

It was 79 degrees in the city yesterday. Unbelievable. So beautiful for Dec. 21st, the first day of winter. Sorry to brag. But this is what I endure all those 100 degree days for.

There was a TV show on recently about heaven. Barbara Walters interviewed people of different faiths and no faith. Personally I believe in an afterlife. I don't believe the dead can communicate with the living. Those TV shows popular now about sensitives who channel the needs of the dead to their loved ones are great science fiction. Spiritual beings who communicate with the living are another matter. Satan is a master of lies. He can use people's willingness to believe their loved ones are communicating in order to further his nefarious schemes, whatever they are. Once people open their minds to his machinations, all matter of hell can break loose, literally. Don't mess with questionable spirits. It's similar to trying street drugs, once won't hurt anything, next thing you know, you are hooked and stealing money from grandmothers.

I will stop my preaching for now. My Christmas shopping (not holiday shopping) is almost done. Just have to get a little something for my husband. He is sweet so I am going to get him sweets. This year I saw Christmas lights all across America and Canada. Hannukah is the festival of lights. There are good reasons for lighting up a house when the days are at their shortest here in the northern hemisphere. Although they aren't as short here in the southwest as they are up north. I remember well going to work in the dark and going home in the dark up in the northeast. It was psychologically depressing. Many people are known to suffer from daylight deprivation known as SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). Too much darkness. They should move to Arizona. Yes, 79 degrees and sunny yesterday. I sat outside and ate ICE CREAM! Almost heaven, Barbara!

No comments: