Saturday, December 31, 2005

Halcyon Days

The glass is half empty. Something is always threatening to knock it over. Our lives are a miracle. Today a man shot his ex-wife to death, injured two of his kids and then committed suicide. Good. Saved the taxpayers a lot of money prosecuting him. There but for the grace of God go you or I. Try explaining to the orphan kids that they are supposed to honor their mother and father. Moses taught that. Were there murder-suicides in the tribes of Israel? We need the wisdom of Solomon. He died a long time ago. Now we have to rely on someone who went to our universities. God help us. I got a bachelors degree from an American university. It seemed like a good idea at the time. A friendly Democrat-run government paid for most of my tuition. It was an investment in the future when I would presumably be paying more income taxes on my higher income. Turns out I was so socially conscious that I went to work in social sevices where the workers are notoriously underpaid. At least in Arizona. So I don't know if I paid back my tuition in higher taxes. A lot of ideas are theoretically excellent.

So the glass-- is. See you in 2006. Inshallah.

No comments: