Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Snow

A most remarkable thing happened this morning. I had to use a brush to push white stuff off my car so the windows were cleared. This doesn't happen at home very often; I think it has been about 8 years since the last time we've had snow. The landscape looks very soft and pretty under the white blanket. It behooves me to button up my coat before I go outside in the below freezing temperatures. And the residents here live under these conditions for months! My heartfelt sympathy to you all!

Yes, I used to live in the northeastern US once too, but I got smart in my early 30's and high-tailed it for the desert. It is fun to see different places, but I know when I start to see the western vistas, I will get anxious to get home, sweet home, in the desert.

No comments: