Monday, February 13, 2006

Dreams

Sweet Dreams are made of this, Who am I to disagree? asked the Eurythmics. The athletes in Torino, Italy have sweet dreams. Of skiing faster, flying higher, skating better. I don't disagree. Let the games live forever. Look at the two Koreas, marching in the Opening Ceremonies together. Fair play is all the world asks for. Let it be safe, let it be fun, let the best moments be caught on video for everyone to enjoy.

What happened to your dreams? Mine kind of had the legs cut out from under them. These things happen. One makes new dreams.

Last night I had a dream that left me hanging. I want to finish it tonight. This is possible. Sometimes you don't want to know the ending to your dreams. If an elderly person (much older than me of course) dreams of falling off a curb, will they break their hip? I can't count the number of curbs I've fallen off. Does this say something about me? I don't know, I'm not a dream-interpreter.

I've dreamt of winning the lottery. What I would do with $1 million or $10 million? Fortunately I don't buy lottery tickets very often, so that misfortune will never come my way.

And what of dreams unfulfilled? Do they just keep flying into outer space like sound waves that never die, only becoming fainter and fainter to eternity. Like a homeopathic pill, our dreams are diluted to tiny molecules, hardly resembling the original. Are they still there or never to be achieved? You can go faster, higher, better in your mind. Caught on video in your brain. Just don't fall off a curb on your way to buy a lottery ticket.

No comments: