Saturday, January 14, 2006

Moving Things

From what I gather, Mr. Alito is going to be Justice Alito pretty soon. Finally Justice O'Connor can retire to take care of her ailing husband. I saw the video of the hurtful comments from the Senators causing Mrs. Alito to cry during the hearings. Mrs. Alito goes by a different last name than her husband, but her skin was not thick enough for the rapacious Democrat politicos. Hmm. A woman president soon? I don't think so. We haven't moved that far, yet.

Our 3 1/2 year old grandson got a horsey ride yesterday on our nearly 17 hand tall Thoroughbred. He looked like a speck way up there in the sky on the big horse. But he wasn't afraid. Good sign. My husband's family has a long history with horses. Not mine. They've been automobile people since the horseless carriage arrived. So I must be a throwback, because I am so at ease around them. Anything I can throw a leg over: horse, motorcycle, personal watercraft, and now snowmobile.

Like the man in the cartoon whose garage was full of National Geographic magazines, I have trouble throwing away "good" stuff. I still have my year 2000 calendar. And the 2001, 2002, etc. What for? Maybe the pretty pictures? Is this a compulsive saver disorder? Naw! But I think my resolution for 2006 is to move on. First step? Move those calendars into the trash. I think I can do it. I think I can!

The NFL playoffs are on today so I will leave you with two words, even though it is snowy & cold up there: New England.

No comments: