Monday, January 30, 2006

The Week

This is going to be a busy week. Bush is going to give his State of the Union address, the House of Representatives is going to pick a new majority leader, Samuel Alito will probably be confirmed to the Supreme Court, Super Bowl publicity will be in full swing and the ground hog will be coming out of his burrow to tell us how long winter will last. Frankly, most people care about the last 2 items more intensely than the others.

I guess I ought to take down my Christmas cards that are still on my living room wall. I procrastinate because these cards represent love. It is hard to dispose of these symbols in the trash.

I am starting off my week fortified with homemade pizza topped with elk pepperoni. Very tasty. Now we want to go elk hunting this fall. There are lots of elk in Arizona, it is just hard to get picked in the lottery for an elk tag. Boy, I thought it was tough to haul a whitetail deer out of the woods. An elk is many magnitudes bigger. Maybe I should think this through again...

No rain is in the forecast for the week. But at least we got some last week. There is a dusting of snow on the mountain. Any moisture at all is welcome, to delay the onset of fire season.

So the earth keeps grinding ahead. Summer yields to fall, winter yields to spring. Yin yang. On we go.

No comments: